nedelja, 22. januar 2023

..this story is just crazy!!

I met the grand-grand-grand son of Johanna Cencič - who was born in Robidišče in 1823!


Yesterday, I took the train from Munich to Berlin. A man in his 60s joined my compartment. He had this super old laptop and a pile of paper copies in front of him. On those copies, old writing, numbers, lots of names.. I was curious and asked him. He shared with me, that his father started his genealogical research years ago. When he died at 95 - his soon took over his research, digitized and compiled a network of over 20.000 names - far beyond his family - but reconstructing family lines of an entire area. He is from a small village in Kärnten (Austria) and has lived in Berlin since 1994. Soooo.... after 2 hrs of talking about this and that (it is a long train ride between Munich and Berlin) - I mentioned that I am living in a small village in Slovenia. I described the landscape, the architecture and also mentioned the most common last name in the village: Cencič. This was the moment - where this man stopped talking. He eyes wide open. "Cencič?" - he asked - "the name sounds familiar to me!"  He checked in his huge database (see picture). Can you believe it? 

I met the grand-grand-grand son of Johanna Cencič - who was born in Robidišče in 1823 - in a train from Munich to Berlin in 2023.

Rika 🥰



Ni komentarjev: